Find Us On FaceBook

Four Winds BMW Riders
Riding from the Three Rivers to the Four Winds...

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Repair shops north of da' Burg.

Repair shops north of da' Burg. 8 years 4 months ago #969

• Bradley R Ekas
I am looking for a repair shop familiar with BMW's that is north of town and not in that mess that is Cranberry/Wexford. I have a new starter and battery on order for my RT. I could probably do it myself, but time is a precious commodity and someone with better skills than I could probably do it in less time (and alleviate me having to clean a spot in the garage :blink: ). So if you know of any, please pass along any information.

Thanks.
Brad
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Repair shops north of da' Burg. 8 years 3 months ago #970

• Ralph L. Meyer
Best BMW place I know North of Pittsburgh IS in Wexford: European Motorcycles of Pittsburgh just at the top of the hill from where McKnight Rd hits Perry Hwy. Unless you go over into Ohio, Maybe Cleveland or a spot or 2 south of there, I know of no other BMW Dealerships. European is closest, and ONLY BMW dealership in the 'Burgh. Good guys there too IMHO.

Repair shops north of da' Burg. 8 years 3 months ago #971

• Bradley R Ekas
Ralph,
Thank you for the response.
Apparently my experiences at European Motorcycles are a bit different than everyone else. So much so that I buy my parts from Bobs BMW and would rather do much of my own service.
I guess I will tear into this thing come January.
Thanks again.
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Bradley R Ekas.

Repair shops north of da' Burg. 8 years 3 months ago #972

• Ralph L. Meyer
That's interesting, Bradley... I've heard an occasional story of someone unhappy with European, but my experience has never borne out any problems whatsoever. I've even had some things that wound up under warranty that the guys spent a bunch of time on and didn't charge me a bit for, and a couple of things not at all on warranty I asked for that they tried and couldn't get accomplished despite spending a bunch of time on--for which I thought it only right for me to pay for--but which they refused to take anything for since they didn't accomplish what I'd asked. I do know of some who have complained of what the shop charges an hour for labor, but I can't fault European for that as the shop must be able to pay employees a decent wage, taxes, overhead, etc. and still make some profit to stay in business. I'd rather pay a decent labor cost than go cheap and discover we have no BMW dealer anywhere near... but then that's my own opinion. Sorry your experience wasn't as good!

Repair shops north of da' Burg. 8 years 3 months ago #973

• Bradley R Ekas
Ralph,
It's good to hear of your experiences at European cycles. My issue isn't one of cost. I agree that if you buy a premium brand, you can expect to pay a premium for service. I have had several German cars and can attest to that fact. That is one of the costs associated with buying and maintaining such well engineered machines. I knew that going in.
I hate to admit it , but maybe my wife is correct in that I need to quit being such a &@%$. Maybe this spring I will give European cycles another try. If I can quit being such a &@%$.
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Bradley R Ekas.

Repair shops north of da' Burg. 8 years 3 months ago #974

• Walter B. Halaja
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi Bradley ... try this fellow Bob Bancroft if he is still there ... I have never been there but he was a mechanic for Romans Cycle in Youngstown ... he is in Kinsman, OH on 8260 Job-Greenville RD. 44428 ... # 330 876 1505 ... he does Restorations & his shop is called "Bancroft Vintage Motor Works" ... hope this can work for you!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds